Firstly, a review.
These journals have had mixed reviews, and while I agree they could be improved upon, I think these journals are quite worth the price.
- Large journal has large surface area.
- Mixed paper for both drawing and cardstock.
- Pocket in the front for collecting ephemera if art journaling on the go.
- Once primed with Gesso, pages can take a beating.
- Cartridge paper is quite thin, cardstock is good quality though.
- Needs a journal with *only* cardstock, this would take the journal from OK to stellar.
- Pages can warp and signature threads can leak color, once I found this out I started lining the spine with masking tape.
Overall, I think this is well worth the price - but if out of your price range you an improve upon this design by creating an art journal that contains premium cardstock paper. I have manila folders sitting around and could easily create a manila folder notebook by sewing together paper signatures.
And now, for my art journal video: